Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Fighting From the Frontlines: My Battle with the Extremes of Multiple Sclerosis

Hello, Fellow MS Warriors,

I write to you now from the depths of a battle that has led me to fight from a wheelchair, grappling with the most extreme effects of this relentless disease. What MS steals from us is unimaginable, and I find myself among the minority who must endure its harshest blows. To those of you who are not, do not, and may never suffer these extremes—I send blessings your way. Know that you are fortunate, and I count your blessings alongside you.

The truth is, the worst of MS won't happen to most of us. But for those who do face its darkest moments, the struggle is real, constant, and unforgiving. Despite it all, we must continue to fight, even when every fiber of our being is telling us to surrender. There is strength in unity, in knowing that while our battles may differ, we are all warriors in this fight.

So, I urge you to hold on to the light, to your blessings, and to the hope that sustains us all. And for those of us who know the deepest valleys of this journey, may we find the courage to keep pushing forward, day by day, breath by breath.

With unwavering strength,

Icerlene Jones-Wiley

No comments: